Rhonda and Jason

Rhonda and Jason
Our Wedding Day

Thursday, April 19, 2012

ONE WEEK OLD!!!!!!!


Here is a great song I was listening to while running this morning that I feel sums up our journey as well as everyone else.  I struggled with trusting tremendously with allowing God to work His plan yesterday.  Life just feels overwhelming at times.  It is during those times we need to stop relying upon ourselves and allow God to lead us.  Give Him your cares, anxiety, fear and sadness.
I firmly believe we need to grieve, be angry, cry, fear, and accept sorrow.  Each has it's place, and needs to ultimately be given to the Lord allowing Him to lead us to where His Glory dwells.
Impatience destroys and takes away from our Gods work.  The bible says to "be still and know that I Am God".  So hard sometimes.
They changed the circuit without issue last night (she looked so comfortable positioned on her side).  Uneventful night, just needed a little more pain medicine to calm her (the circuit holds a majority of the volume circulating in her system and when they change it they lose most of the medication with it).  Morning rounds was again positive and uplifting for us (STABLE), and looks to be more of the same today.  
There has been more oozing from her cannula site to her neck where the ECMO is attached and they plan on adding another stitch to it sometime today to help prevent that from continuing.
Please pray specifically for that to go well, no further bleeding or new bleeding, for Esther to rest and not continue to fight the machines (her strength is awesome, but she needs to rest), for each other (I mean all of you following us), and that God will protect us all from attack.
Thank you everyone for Glorifying God through your prayer, support, and spreading of Esther's trial.  God is good.




8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear she's doing well. Rest peacefully, Little One, and grow even stronger! Continued prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying! Rhonda, don't forget that post-partum/baby blues happen to most everyone as your hormones change now that you aren't pregnant anymore. 1-2 weeks post-delivery were the toughest for me. Don't feel bad if you don't feel good! :) May God continue to bless the three of you -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this verse today and thought of you guys, "Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me." Psalm 50:14-15.

    You are running already? Be careful! You gotta let yourself heal. :-) mama liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mama Liz... My sweet husband writes almost all of these post but does not sign his name to it. He is the one running most days. I think I will start trying at 4 weeks though. That should be safe enough. Thanks for your encouragement daily. It means the world to us of someone who has been through it all!!!

      Delete
  4. Praying for you and your family everyday! Stay strong and try to rest as much as possible. I know easier said then done. God is working miracles directly with Baby Esther and indirectly. Trust your momma instincts as well as God. Remember when we cannot walk he will carry us!

    God Bless,
    The Egli's (Niklas LCDH July 2010 UCSF)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther is one amazing little girl, I have been praying for her daily! I don't know you personally but my little sister met Rhonda last summer & shared your story with me. I wanted to reach out to you two and offer home cooked meals or really anything that you need, as I live right across the street from Children's. You can send an e-mail to candice.n.alvarado@gmail.com whenever you get the chance so we can get connected!

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you every day since Esther was born and wishing you strength and love. She's beautiful.
    Jennifer Jolley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such exciting news! I'm glad Esther continues to be stable. I really enjoyed the photos you were kind enough to share with us. They were beautiful!

    My prayers will continue!

    Blessings,
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete