Rhonda and Jason

Rhonda and Jason
Our Wedding Day

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

at a loss for words

Sorry I didn't get out an earlier update today.  I have been at a loss for words.
The town I grew up in, although no longer this way, was once small in terms of how tightly knit the community was.  With few elementary schools, 3 middle schools and two high schools, I knew or had heard of just about everyone in town my age or my older brothers' ages.
My brothers' friends, although not necessarily my "friends", looked after me like other older brothers.  Sometimes this meant I got the "treatment" from an extended family, but mostly this meant I was cared for and protected by what seemed like an entire town.
Like me, my brothers had friends they always hung out with.  Friends they could count on.  Friends they trusted.  Friends that would do anything for them and they would do anything for.
One of those friends died yesterday.  Joe Chorvat was to me, what my older brothers are and were.  A big brother and a "man's man".
I last saw him at another friend's wedding, and it was great to see the "old gang" of boys laughing and retelling stories.
I am at a loss for words because it doesn't make any sense.  Because I feel selfish and self absorbed.  The world continues outside of mine, and it is not so pretty.  I would ask that those that have been praying for Esther, Rhonda, and I would include the Chorvat family.  Ask for grace in the midst of sorrow and grief.  We cannot even comprehend what they are going through, and can only offer our love and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment